Work for a growing government and commercial simulation development company!
Our client is a fast-growing, proven, and reputable Information Technology Company focused on Systems Integration, Value-Added Reselling, and Professional Services of IT products and End-To-End solutions. Representing over 1,200 select manufacturers to a network of direct and indirect Customers in the Federal, State and Local Governments as well as in the Commercial sector.
This is an opening for a new Senior AV Quality Assurance Engineer position to provide support of the U.S. Army Information Systems Engineering Command (USAISEC) Fort Huachuca Engineering Directorate (FHED) in support of C4I Fort Huachuca, AZ location but the person can be based anywhere in the U.S. Candidates must have Top Secret Clearance and possess eligibility to access Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) SpacesPosition
The Senior AV Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for provisioning, installation / configuration and optimization of systems and oversight of government A/V Contractor implementation efforts to ensure compliance with Contractor engineering designs. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the Engineering Directorate organization. They must have a solid understanding of network components, Windows operating systems, application servers and databases.
The Senior AV Quality Assurance Engineer creates, maintains, and owns infrastructure related technical specifications, designs, and schedules with limited direction from manager. Forges strong relationships across groups within the Engineering Directorate, key infrastructure groups, and managed service providers. They will assist in the provisioning, optimization, and troubleshooting of proposed infrastructure systems. Have expertise in SCIF Construction related A/V QA procedures (sound reinforcement, lighting, wall reinforcement, Power, Grounding, Cable management systems, cable installation, Equipment Rack installation).
• Provide Expert Level Audio/Visual Engineering and Installation support.
• Provide expert level QA oversight of A/V related construction efforts
• Expert knowledge of Secure Compartmentalized Information Facility A/V implementation and Construction requirements.
• Analyze Operational, Functional & Technical Requirements in order to Develop Audio/Visual Systems Design Documents such as Systems Design Plans, Engineering Implementation Plans, etc.
• Provide expert analysis and Advice on Layer 1 Infrastructure Installation plans that include but are not limited to: Fiber Optic cabling, Copper cabling, Cable pathways, Protective Distribution Systems (PDS), Telecommunication Equipment Racks, Power, Grounding and HVAC.
• Document Project Scope & Timelines.
• Identify Project Stakeholders along with their Roles & Responsibilities.
• Perform Technical Feasibility Studies & Conduct Decision Analysis.
• Develop, Analyze & Present Technical Courses of Action (COAs) for decisions regarding Data & Voice Network system designs.
• Develop & Present Technical Information Papers (e.g. Issue Paper, Executive Correspondence, etc.)
• Monitor Project Execution
• Report on Project Performance
• Manage Stakeholder Expectations.
• Prepare Meeting Reports (CDRL FH01)
• Prepare Trip Reports (CDRL FH02)
• Develop and Present Briefings to Project Stakeholders.
• Strong Time Management skills. Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
• Experience working with the ITIL and ITSM models.
• Highly proficient in Windows environments and its application to engineering designs.
Incumbent is required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, expertise, education, and potential. We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.