Flight Simulator Technicians.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Position provides technical support services required to maintain flight simulators and other related training devices to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) 14 CFR Part 60 and PAIFA’s Simulator Quality Management System (SQMS) standards. Responsibilities include providing daily readiness, preventive and corrective hardware/software maintenance, and fault diagnosis on training devices and related equipment.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Performs advanced hardware and software analytical diagnosis and corrective maintenance on simulators and associated training media.
2. Performs and/or installs configuration changes, upgrades, or other modifications of equipment under supervision.
3. Ability to execute simulator diagnostics and QTG tests to assess and monitor simulator performance.
4. Provide expertise in the repair of major assembly to the component level if required.
5. Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Responsibility for work and/or training of others:
Senior level may be required to act as Shift Supervisor.
Primarily receives tasks and priorities for work assignments from the shift supervisor
1. Working (expert for the Senior level) knowledge of aircraft systems and operations applicable to simulation, avionics and aircraft systems.
2. Understanding of applicable FAA regulations and applicable technical standards as applied
to flight simulators and other training devices.
3. Knowledge of electronics and ability to apply hardware/software diagnostic skills in
systematically isolating and resolving simulator discrepancies.
4. Continue to build technical expertise in all aspects of simulator systems to include computer
systems and networks, visual systems, I/O, hydraulics/motion/flight controls.
5. Skilled in assisting customers in operation of simulators and instructor station operation.
6. Fully competent in conducting simulator preflights and preparation of training devices for
1. 2 Year Technical Degree in Electronics Technology or related field and/or related experience.
2. Completion of training program(s) on specialized training in a flight simulation related field
3. Completion of aircraft ground schools and assigned internal training program
5- 8 years for Senior level providing technical support on flight simulators or related equipment
Physical environment/working conditions:
Work conditions include exposure to heavy machinery and computer/office environments. Physical environment will include working with hazardous materials such as hydraulic fluids and solvents. Additional requirements would include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., sitting, standing, bending, stooping, or working in an elevated condition.
Full flight simulators and other training devices manufactured by various companies.