Senior Systems Engineer
Our client supports various DoD simulation and training systems programs. Projects include development of reconfigurable training systems incorporating gaming technology, and the enhancement of aircraft trainers.
Systems/Project Engineer responsible for all engineering activities including requirements analysis, design, testing along with corresponding documentation of software/hardware systems in accordance with the organizational standard processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead all engineering effort across systems, hardware and software disciplines.
• Analyze customer specifications to derive and document system requirements.
• Manage the System Development Life Cycle to ensure technical scope, engineering cost and schedule objectives are met from contract award to customer acceptance.
• Managing engineering risk, actions and issues.
• Manage project-based customer expectations using Technical Interchange Meetings, Integrated Product Meetings, Requirements Review, Design Review and Test Readiness Review Meetings.
• Lead and manage engineering portion of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
• Develops and executes test plans and procedures to verify system requirements, while documenting and managing closure of defects.
• Coordinates delivery of all Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) items.
Education / Experience:
• Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience in an engineering discipline with a minimum of ten (10) years of simulation training systems development experience or equivalent engineering development.
• Candidate must have had an active US Department of Defense (DOD) secret security clearance and/or have had a background investigation/reinvestigation for a (DOD) secret clearance within the last 10 years.
• U.S. Citizenship is required. Required Skills:
• Strong Systems Engineering expertise using mature processes through the full SDLC of at least one project.
• Leadership of multidiscipline engineering teams of at least 5 engineers. •
Requirements Management tool (e.g., DOORS or Team Foundation Server).
• Bug tracking tool (e.g., Bugzilla or Team Foundation Server). Preferred, but Not Required Skills:
• Systems Engineering in a CMMI Level 3 (or higher organization).
• Virtual Simulation Experience.
• Project Engineering Experience.
• Expert level using Microsoft Team Foundation Server as a Systems Engineer.
• Cost Account Manager using Earned Value Management