Position level is based on reporting structure (see “Reports To” above, referenced below as “Leader”).
Supports Leader(s) as direct executive assistant, with responsibilities including calendaring, travel arrangements, correspondence, and other administrative functions. Will professionally represent Leader as requested and in all associated responsibilities. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with diverse populations, individually or as a team member, both in verbal and written communications.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases, using programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality, use discretion, and adhere to all corporate, legal, and regulatory guidelines, i.e. HIPAA
- Self-motivated, with flexibility to multitask and prioritize in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Resolve issues with minimal direction or guidance, as well as work independently and as a team member
- Professional attitude and conduct
- Effectively utilize office equipment including fax, copier, printer, scanner, etc.
- Meet ever-changing and multiple deadlines, managing day-to-day workflow
- Detail-oriented, with strong proofreading and editing skills
- Executive Secretary/Assistant clerical test
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Basic accounting, legal and/or contract administration knowledge
- FH/AHS Sunport system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Two to four years minimum experience as an administrative or executive assistant, secretary, or other higher level administrative/office support role
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Associate degree in secretarial sciences or business, and two years executive office/secretarial work experience
- Event planning/coordination experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages calendar for Leader(s), scheduling meetings and appointments, and coordinates travel arrangements including lodging, air/land, transportation, event registration, etc.
- Answers/screens incoming calls, taking messages and routing calls as appropriate. Retrieves voice messages as requested. Greets and assists visitors. Professionally represents Leader(s) and Florida Hospital in all communications and as requested at meetings, events, etc. Communicates effectively and appropriately based on visitor needs and age level.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support including opening and disbursing Leader’s incoming/outgoing mail; completing correspondence duties including composing and editing letters, memos and other correspondence; preparing expense reports, PAVs, and supply orders; preparing and updating presentations, spreadsheets, etc.; maintaining files and records, equipment, etc.
- Schedules and organizes meetings and events, both on- and off-site; orders provisions as appropriate, prepares agendas and takes/transcribes meeting minutes, distributing as appropriate.
- May assist with budget tracking, contracts, etc.
- May serve as a committee member and/or lead/supervise various work teams including other administrative staff.
- May maintain division/department policies/procedures, contracts, etc.
- Will support Leader(s) administratively with special requests including research, projects, and other miscellaneous duties.